QuickBooks Error Code H202: Resolve Multi-User Switching Issue
QuickBooks users face several issues due to this one form of multi-user series error. Not only the users are denied access to company files (located on the host) in client mode but many issues come their way.
|Error Message||The company file is on another computer, and QuickBooks needs some help connecting.|
|Error Name||Multi-User Error|
Due to this issue, the system brings lots of obstructions. You must understand different causes that shape this agitation on your device.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error Code H202
A user can face this issue due to several reasons. Here is the list of them.
- .ND files are not configured properly.
- A user cannot access or open the database file.
- Incomplete and improper configuration of the DNS service.
- When a firewall blocks the communication path between the accounting software and other relevant programs.
- Incorrect or inappropriate hosting configuration can also lead to this issue.
- QuickBooksDBXX/QBCF does not start properly.
- If the user somehow blocks the accessing path of the QuickBooks file.
- There is an improper configuration of the data file.
Solutions to fix QuickBooks Error H202
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks File Doctor
QuickBooks file doctor can easily diagnose the error in a minimal time. Here are the steps that you can conduct to run this tool.
- To initiate, make sure to download and install the tool named QuickBooks file doctor.
- The user now needs to access the tool.
- For that, just choose the company file issue.
- Move towards the drop-down menu and tap on the company file.
- If there comes difficulty in opening the file then tap on the Browse button.
- The button will bring the particular file that needs to be scanned.
- Thereafter, you need to tap on the checkbox for the file.
- After that, hit the Continue button.
- Make sure to enter the relevant credentials like QuickBooks admin password.
- Just hit the Next button once you are done with the entire process.
Well, the scan procedure has to be finished in 5 minutes, however, it does not end then wait for some time.
Solution 2: Examine the QuickBooks Services
Make sure to move into the steps below if the server is running a full version of the software.
- First of all, you need to access the QuickBooks software.
- Move towards the File and choose the tab named Utilities.
- You need to click on Host multi-user access.
- After that, you need to examine the performance stability of QBCFMonitorService and QuickBooksDBXX.
- Access the Run window.
- Once done, enter the following command services.MSc.
- Hit OK tab now.
- Choose another tab named QuickBooksDBXX. Make sure to set the startup type as Automatic.
- Now, the user needs to run the Service Status.
- Navigate towards the Recovery tab.
- Now, you will see a drop-down menu. Make sure to restart the service on first, second, and subsequent failures.
- Hit the Apply button.
- Proceed below by clicking on the OK button.
- Now, the user needs to conduct the steps for QBCFMonitorService.